Sunny Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kirribilli
November 12th 2007
Published: November 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

G'day mates, how are you going? Again it has been a while and I think it is high time I (Edina) added an entry. We are now in Sydney having a blast as the whether has finally been kind to us and sent some glorious sunshire our way. Believe it or not Lee actually got himself a pair of flip flops (not sure if we already mentioned that) and is now showing them off pretending to be local. Ha ha. Nice try.

We arrived last Friday and met up with our friends, Detti and Jason, who organised a weekend up in Hunter Valley. We drove up Friday night to our cute rented cabin in the middle of the 'bushes' with a fire place and a spa bath... Saturday morning we got up bright an early and got on our way to discover some of the 60 odd wineries in the region. I can't tell you guys how amazing it was to see one winery after the other and be able to sample sparkling, white, red and dessert wines everywhere free of charge. I must admit we were lucky that our 'mate' Jason is a real wine lover and after he signed up to about 4 wine clubs, we got to sample the good stuff (I am talking about the $250 bottle of Shiraz in Brokenwood Vineyard). Five wineries later we were of course a little tipsy so we set off back to our cabin to sample some of our purchases (our car was seriously full of bottles) and entertain each other with ghost stories much to Jason's delight (not).

We got back to Sydney last night and settled in to our hotel in Kirribilli, which is the suburb across the bay from the Opera House and on the same street as the Prime Minister's residency!!! Cool, huh?

The weather has been amazing so we decided to discover the fun side of Sydney and started the day with a Thunder Jet Boat ride (1000 hp/ 85 km/ph) in the Sydney Harbour. They basically put you in a high speed jet boat with fellow thrill seekers, fasten your seat belt and offer you a water proof poncho as you are taken out for a wet spin. We decided we were too tough for the poncho plus the weather was nice and hot. Once they take you out they speed up so your hair goes all over the place and of course they go for the screams so do crazy turns and sudden stops so you feel like the boat will surely turn upside down. Also they love going around big ferries and cruiser boats to catch their waves. Of course during one of these sharp turns we got completely drenched! It was such a lauch sitting there soaked, tasting salty water and drying off in the sun while crusing around taking in the sights. Fantastic experience.

Encouraged by the speed boat we booked ourselves onto the Bridge Climb for tomorrow night... Yes, we are going to climb the Harbour Bridge! Extremely excited as we're doing the night trip at 7 pm (takes about 3.5 hours) and will see the city lit up! Stay tuned for our next entry, I am sure we will want to tell you about it all.

Well, that's it for now. We're off to Bondi Beach tomorrow before climbing the bridge and I am sorry to say to all of you office workers, we are topping up our tans before returning to miserable Europe winter in about 20 days.

Take care and drop us a line to keep us updated (even if we are rubbish with individual e-mails).

Miss you guys, Lee & Edina xxxoooxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb