Sydney Day 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Harbourside
March 31st 2011
Published: March 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

This will be a short blog, but I wanted to get something out before calling it a day! Today has been the longest day of the trip so far. We were up at 3:30am this morning and at the airport by 4:30 to ensure we had plenty of time to make our 6:15 flight to Sydney. All I have to say is thank goodness for the Qantas lounge! We had a nice breakfast while watching the India/Pakistan Cricket game. We were fortunate enough to sit by 2 guys who were pretty knowledgeable about the sport. One of the guys was a producer for a sports channel in either Sydney or NZ (can't remember which) who focused only on Cricket. Even after listening to them explain the game, I still had no idea what was going on!
We boarded and had another great breakfast on the plane (in business class, which was very cool). After landing in Sydney, we made it to the hotel by 9am, and had yet another breakfast at the hotel!! I don't know if our metabolism is in high gear lately, but for the past few days we've both been hungry all the time! Ok, me more than JJ, but he's always willing to eat with me so I don't have to eat alone. :-) We crashed at the hotel for a few hours before heading out to the fish market for lunch (yes, eating again). Lunch wasn't all that great, unfortunately I chose a place to eat in haste and didn't stop to look at all of our options. We both had fish and chips, and apparently condiments around these parts are hard to come by. We had to pay extra for tiny packets of ketchup and tarter sauce. For those of you who know Jonathan, you know that he LOVES his condiments...and at 50 cents a packet, that could break the bank on this trip! So, note to self and anyone else traveling to australia, bring your own ketchup!
The rest of the night we will be relaxing and catching up on some work...then tomorrow the plan is to enjoy the sights of Sydney. Hopefully a harbour cruise if the weather permits, and other exploring. Fingers crossed that it's a beautiful day!

Good night!

Advertisement



1st April 2011

"ketching up" on your trip!
Great to see this blog -- it looks like you two are having a fantastic time! Enjoy the food, fun, and festivities....

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb