We still call Australia home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » CBD
September 29th 2013
Published: September 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Irish pub at Beijing airportIrish pub at Beijing airportIrish pub at Beijing airport

Note the traditional Irish decorations LOL
The return

We negotiated a taxi fare to the train station that has the direct line to the airport. 2 taxis were at the end of our alley, first man said Y200- then the lady quoted Y100-. They were bonfide taxis, but the metre did not show. That’s OK as for $20- we saved dragging our cases up and down stairs, through the subway, onto 2 lines and generally getting hot and sweaty.



Our plane was leaving around 3pm so we had lunch at the weirdest Irish pub ever at Beijing airport. The Lucky Shamrock decked out in purple and red lanterns, food was Ok though.



Our China Southern plane was a huge one to Guangzhou, 3 seats, then 4, then 3 across, with an upstairs section. The service was quite good; entertainment screens worked well, but warm beer and a 50ml glass of wine do not match any airline service I know of. At least the staff spoke passable English.



The airport transfer thankfully was easy to work out from domestic to international, 3-4 kms of walking, escalators- a huge airport. A nice beer for Y15 (Heineken) used up the last of our RMB.



Then the night flight from Guangzhou to Sydney with babies not crying but wailing throughout the night, snorers deafening the baby cries; thankfully I can sleep, not so Martin.



Customs was seamless, E passports make life a breeze.



Arriving shattered at Sydney we found a free shuttle bus to Central Station as the train line was being worked on, a 5 minute walk to the Sebel Surrey Hills from there, they pulled out all stops to get us a room by 11am, where I watched a movie and Martin slept.



And so ends our holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

On the train to the airportOn the train to the airport
On the train to the airport

I seem to keep coming back?


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb