South West Rocks Arakoon


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » South West Rocks
January 27th 2014
Published: January 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

On we go to Newcastle Airport to drop ben off to catch his flight to Melbourne, where he has his Nannas 70th birthday to look forward to along with catching up with mum and friends. From here we stay for an over night stay at a free camp at Coopernook state forest, there was only a few campers there so it was very quiet and well off the main road. After setting up having dinner and a few vino's you'll never have thought that with all the space there someone actually came and camped up for the night right on the back of us, i was bloody gob smacked!!!!!!

Anyway the next morning we packed up and went on our merry way to South West Rocks, Trial Bay Campground which is positioned at the Arakoon State recreation reserve which is a national park. Park fee's are high here, $53 per site per night plus $10 extra a night for a child!!!!! the national parks have certainly hiked their prices, its almost cheaper to stay at a caravan park. It is lovely here though, right by the beach away from the hustle and bustle. We did have our first major catastrophe here, the weather has been very average with quite a bit of rain and high winds, we were just setting up the awning when a big gust of wind picked the whole thing up and blew it over the roof of our caravan and ripping it off its brackets, also ripped awning so looks like we may have to replace the lot, but we shall see when we go into Coffs Harbour RV centre to see what they can do for us.

Our plan not to eat out too much isn't going too well at the mo. We went out last night to a local restaurant for dinner and a few wines, and were also heading out tonight to the local country club for dinner for my birthday! (43 today!) We have had a very slack day, Amy made me a full cooked breakfast, then the rain came so we stayed in pj's and watched a movie, then to the ocean for a swim, and now catching up with things in camp, ready for the off tomorrow to Coffs Harbour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb