Off to South West Rocks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » South West Rocks
November 22nd 2008
Published: December 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After packing up this morning, we headed over to the Koala reserve, only to find it is closed for tours on Saturdays. We tried the self guided tour through the Eucalyptus forest, but with a the clouds blackening with a oncoming storm, we cut our tour short without seeing any koalas.

The trip to South West Rocks is fairly easy with a good 4 lane highway system and flat roads. Quite a contrast to New Zealand. We arrived at the tourist park in early afternoon. The place is very swanky and has the feel of an expensive hotel. Later I find out that they have recently spent $5 million to update the place. Our cabin has tons of space and looks brand new. We take a quick trip back into town for food shopping, and when we come back there is a kangaroo just hanging out on the volleyball court. It is amazing to watch and seems totally unconcerned with our presence.

Joshua and I checked out the pool, which has a cool waterfall feeding into it, and we make a attempt at some INTERNET access. We haven't yet heard back from the Greg and Lisa, the couple that we met from Texas, Queensland, but we still have hopes of heading inland after another day here. Returning from the office where I was using the INTERNET, I accidentally startle a kangaroo and she goes barreling down the road bouncing past a startled toddler.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb