Coff's Harbour to Port Macquarie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
February 19th 2014
Published: February 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello again. Glad to see so many of you reading our blog and commenting. Since we last left you we have continued our travels down the coast and visited another 4 seaside towns. Yamba, Coffs Harbour, Nambucca heads and Port Macquairie. Cant believe we have visited so many places in 12 days. After a shock look on a big scale map last night we realised we still have 2 thirds of the journey left! But we will be travelling greater distances down to Melbourne.

Yamba was a quaint town with spectacular beaches, beautiful scenery and a small town. The beaches from the lighthouse looked superb but had to make a move to find a free rest stop towards Coff's Harbour. We did enjoy relaxing on the beach for a short while but still trying to work out why there was a man made swimming pool right next to the sea. (SLIMEY).

The rest stop we stopped at that night was great. It was 4* in our guide. We was next to the rain forest and got to see kangeroos for the first time which came right next to the caravan. The rest stop was very popular with campers, we chatted to an older couple who had been travelling in their campervan for 30 years. They laughed when we said it was too hot and recommended we visit the outback where you are days away from any othewr people. ( This sounded good so we are going to head out there in a few days. Cant wait!)

The day after we moved to Coffs Harbour which is a very big town. We didnt do much whilst there. Spent two nights, one visiting a pub with live music and a big walk along the beaches. Great views again. The second day we chilled in the holiday park and relaxed. The facilties were good, used the little swimming pool which alice enjoyed the baby slides very much. Since we had a lazy day, we ordered Dominos Pizza. EPIC!

We spent one day in a lovely place called nambucca heads. We had a great day, beach to ourselves, the photo's will explain all. Still trying to get used to the sea, the waves kept knocking us over! The day strarted cloudy, rained for 5 minutes on the beach but Scott burnt himself.

Port Macquarie is amazing. Beautiful town with so much to do. Yesterday morning we headed straight to the ZOO! This was great however the hottest day yet. We fed lots a kangeroos, saw Shrek the Croc although bit sad how small the enclosures where considering the size of him. We saw our first lazy Koalas however apparently its illegal to hold them in NSW. Determined to find a way to get a photo with one. Alice wants a cuddle! Spider monkeys where funny, mental age of a 7 year old and enjoyed watching the keeper feed and do a presentation on them. Unusual and interesting animals there. We havent seen a snake in the wild yet but seen a massive Lizzard. That evening we stayed at a nice holiday park right on the sea. We walked to the beach last night along the colorful graffiti rocks. The wind almost knocked us over, the surfers were enjoying the giant waves and never seen body borders do so many twists and flips.

Tonight we are going to go for some food and sunset cruise. $10 ea so not sure what to expect!

Speak soon, by the way joking about going to the outback. Haha!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb