Day 42 - Port Macquarie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
October 14th 2010
Published: October 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a nice breakfast we headed to the Billabong Wildlife Park. It was fantastic here; I was able to stroke a koala, (which was soft and frizzy) and a dingo. I also fed wallabys as well as seeing many different kinds of birds, snakes (including the worlds most deadly), crocodiles and other reptiles. After some wedges for lunch we made our way to the next destination.

We next went to a beach (possibly rainbow beach) which in the lovely weather looked stunning. After this we drove up North Brother Mountain (490m) for some stunning views of the surrounding areas. We then went to another beautiful beach, this one had stone walls surrounding some of the water which made the waves much milder, as opposed to the other side of the wall where the waves were much bigger.

After a busy day we started to make our way back to David and Susie's home. On the way we stopped to look at an area of housing where Susie and David had considered moving to at one stage. It was interesting to see the contrast between here and where they chose to live. Once home I was in need of a nap!

In the evening we went for a meal to an Italian restaurant called Cafe 66. I shared antipasta, veal tortellinni and sald with Susie. A very enjoyable evening with good food, good wine and great company. After dinner we went for a walk around Port M to the harbour and the town green.

Once we were home I saw a photo album of Susie and David's house from a piece of land to the finish article - facinating to see the progress.

A very busy and extremely enjoyable day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb