Parkes


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Parkes
September 25th 2007
Published: October 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Took a quick trip to Parkes to see Dave. Only an hours flight from Sydney and $200 return. Can't believe I drove for 5 - 6 hours last time to visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

ParkesParkes
Parkes

The thriving metropolis that is Parkes.
The real Parkes AirportThe real Parkes Airport
The real Parkes Airport

Pretty obvious I suppose. Dave's house is much bigger.
1st Stop1st Stop
1st Stop

During this trip, Dave decided to give me a tour of the town. First stop was a beer at the Grand Hotel.
2nd Stop2nd Stop
2nd Stop

We then went for a beer at the Railway Hotel.
3rd Stop3rd Stop
3rd Stop

As the Parkes Hotel was just down the road, we thought we'd stop by for a beer.
4th Stop4th Stop
4th Stop

We then nipped into the Parkes Bowling Club for a beer.
5th Stop5th Stop
5th Stop

Dave then thought we should go to the other bowling club so I could see the difference. So we had a beer at the Parkes Bowling & Sports Club.
6th Stop6th Stop
6th Stop

Dave said the Parkes Services & Citizens Club have the biggest beef schnitzel. Not sure compared to what, just the biggest. So we thought we'd have one, and then wash it down with a beer.
7th Stop7th Stop
7th Stop

The Cambridge Hotel have pretty good food apparently. Having already eaten we thought we'd just have a beer.
8th Stop8th Stop
8th Stop

The Commercial Hotel is a well known pub in the area. We went in to have a beer.
9th Stop9th Stop
9th Stop

The Parkes Leagues Club has a big screen to watch all the League games. As no games were on that night we just went in and had a beer.
10th Stop10th Stop
10th Stop

We went to the Coachman Motel to have a beer. Alas it was closed & so was everything else. Just as well as there were another 3 stops after this one. We settled on a 6 pack to take home.
Tourist Attractions of ParkesTourist Attractions of Parkes
Tourist Attractions of Parkes

Don't let the fact that I had to send an email to the webmaster to have Parkes added as a destination fool you. This town is filled with attractions to tempt the most well travelled tourist.
I will list them in alphabetical order:I will list them in alphabetical order:
I will list them in alphabetical order:

1. Parkes Radio Telescope as featured in the movie "The Dish". That is all.


Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb