Day 13 - Narooma to Tathra Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Narooma
February 8th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The morning was sunny and warm but without the oppressive heat of previous days. I decided to take a ride down the coast to Tathra Beach unencumbered by panniers and camping gear.

The road tended to be fairly narrow but had little traffic - it was nice to be off the main highways. The road itself consisted of a succession of winding up/downhill sections crossing the headlands, each followed by a 'single lane, 40km/h limit, no overtaking or passing, give way to oncoming traffic' single lane bridge crossing over a creek/river/estuary/lake/swamp. It is very beautiful countryside, but I noticed the frequent changes from the fresh salty air off the ocean to the smell of rotting vegetation in the lakes and swamps.

On the way back to Narooma, I stopped at the Tilba Winery for a quick taste and afternoon tea of fresh scones with jam and cream.

After returning to the campsite I went for a walk down to the rocky point at the end of the beach. It was low tide and I was able to surprise many small crabs and fish in and around the many rock pools.

Distance Travelled Today - 274km


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb