A day in Narooma


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Narooma
January 17th 2008
Published: January 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our morning started with a bird serenade, very early in the morning. Country living 😊 We wandered to the porch and had a good look at the ocean while enjoying a morning water. The dog was being very active, so took it down to the beach for a ball toss and a swim. There are two beaches here, one that you reach by car called Mystery Bay. It is called Mystery Bay because a captain landed his ship here one day 100 years ago and never returned to it..big mystery. After the look around, we returned to the house and prepared for a drive to an historical village called Tilba...it exists because of the gold mining that happend in this region ages ago. After that, we had some lunch in Narooma, then booked a snorkel trip for Saturday to see Montgue Island and some seals. We then checked out some local sites in the shire, and finally returned home for a meal and some wallabies. They like to come out at dusk in these parts. The meal was good, but no wallabies came around. The sky got really ugly at night as well, so we got very happy we were not going onto the ocean on Friday. Happy Birthday Owen!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



18th January 2008

G'day
Well, you have the local lingo down - "swimmers" and "bush walks", etc. The blog is great (and Murray is a very good speller!) - you're making the most of your time there. Happy Trails Robin

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb