Seoul and Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Lismore
January 22nd 2015
Published: January 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our stop over in Seoul was a great experience of a widely different culture. Korean airlines was great at organising our stopover, from landing we went to their desk, they organised a motel, shuttle bus and Dinner, breaky and lunch while we were there. Our bus trip in was about an hour and very quick, our driver appeared to be in a hurry, enjoyed toting his horn and driving in two lanes at once. We were happy when we arrived at our motel, grabbed some dinner and headed to bed after our flight to have a look the following morning.

Due to our flight we were wide awake at 6am. Which would normally be fine but everything in Seoul opens at 11am. We chilled out, had some breakfast, did some research and then headed for a walk about 10. Our motel was in the CBD location which was awesome. The city had large City blocks with main roads running around them but inside those blocks was a complicated mix of alleyways and shared roads. It was hard to tell what was a road as we got beeped of the road a few times, and Theresa almost got run over by a bike while trying to avoid it. Near ours hotel was a large street markets, these markets are set up in the roads with motorbikes weaving in and out of the people dropping of deliveries. The markets are everywhere there, while going on an under road crossing they had a large market under there. The markets had lots of handbags with a few clothes and phones shops in the mix. We had a look at the main South gate to the city which was built in 1398, which was pretty cool. It has had some work done after it was burnt and damaged in their civil war.

After our walk we went back to the hotel, watched some tennis, meet our transfer bus to the airport and waited for our plane. Our flight home was quick as we caught some sleep and were excited to be home.

Our trip was amazing and we ticked many things off our bucket list but it was so nice being back in Australia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb