Going Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
March 31st 2006
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, all good things must come to an end including long vacations. We're jumping on a plane home soon. The benefit of a extra long vacation though, is that you are actually looking forward to some things at home like your own bed and having a home. Moving every 2 days gets tiring. I don't know how people travel for months on end.

We were at Byron Bay for the last few days. Byron is a very cool place that was a little different than I thought it might be. For example, we stayed at The Arts Factory which is a 5 acre site that started the Byron Bay boom of arts and music and hippies. Naturally, I thought we would be living in a hippie commune but there was surprisingly few hippies. It turns out that all of the hippies live in Nimbin which is a day trip we took to the small village 45 minutes away. If you've ever dreamed of having all sorts of illegal drugs offered to you on the main drag of town many, many times then Nimbin is for you. It was a little tiring after 2 hours and so we left.

We did one last dive in Byron at Julian Rocks marine reserve. The visibility was terrible but some of the marine live was amazing. You just had to get close enough to see it. In a 30 minute span I saw multiple Wobblygong sharks and Leopard sharks, 2 sting rays, and an octopus.

We're now at the Blue moutains and getting ready to leave. the mountains are very scenic. You'll notice we have no pictures though. The internet cafe has no USB connections so you'll have to wait until we get back. That is all you get read now. We're going home. Get back to work!

Gary

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb