Wine tour hunter valley


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Hunter Valley
February 5th 2016
Published: February 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Left the campsite at blackheath early in the morning-started to rain so hoped to leave the bad weather behind us!the drive down from the blue mountains to hunter valley was pretty but took 3 hrs to get there!thankfully with our camper van we were able to make our own lunch on the way!checked into the big 4 hunter valley campsite just on time before being picked up for out half day wine tour by the 2 fat blokes van!6 other people on the tour and Brian the tour leader drove us to 3 different wineries (Eden hill, 2 fat blokes and first cape) to sample a number of wines!we were told to swirl the wine first which allowed vapour into the wine and it made it taste better and released a smell-actually worked!the second stop at the fat blokes deli included 8 cheeses matched to 8 different wines which was amazing (actually like Chardonnay in Australia!!)
When we returned we made some meatballs and pasta in the campsite but unfortunately the campsite wasn't as good as the previous one and was really noisy and not very clean!the noise stopped at 2am so got some sleep!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb