Aussie Wine Tour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Hunter Valley
September 18th 2011
Published: September 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our second to last full day in Sydney was actually spent two hours outside of the city center. Our full day wine tour gave us the opportunity to get to know another group of people - see the countryside - and drink some Aussie wines!!!

Our tour guide, Jason, was a really nice guy. He was a fan of American Football (which is extremely rare for an Australian) and he did a great job of getting the group talking/sharing stories with one another.

Since the tour picked us up from the hotel at 7 AM - Brian and I spent a good deal of the ride dozing in and out of sleep. As for the wine tours/tastings - we visited 3 different vineyards and honestly, it wasn't much different from a tasting in the US. We enjoyed the wines - got tipsy - bought some bottles as souvenirs of course!

Also, since we were technically in the countryside - we actually saw some wild kangaroo! The really are Australia's equivalent to our deer. The have signs warning to watch for Kangaroo and it's quite common for people to hit Kangaroo with their cars! I did my best to get some shots of the Kangaroo with my camera....but I don't have the best camera so....sorry!

With the two hour drive back to Sydney, we didn't back into Sydney until 7 PM. We had a quick bite to eat and went to bed! It sounds lame, but come on, we drank all day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



19th September 2011

Thanks for sharing!
I love reading these blogs. Thanks for sharing!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb