Tripping Across


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Gosford
July 11th 2010
Published: July 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So the last few days have been action packed, so let me bullet point this before I forget something.

Manly
On Thursday I took the ferry over to Manly to OceanWorld. Small venue but very cute and does try to pack in a lot of fish despite the lack of space. If it wasn't for the rain I would have liked to have explored around Manly as it's very picturesque and I imagine that in the summer that it would be very beautiful but unfortunately I managed a walk on the beach, a look in at the museum and that was it.
The evening consisted watching Dexter and watching drama pursue in the hostel. Apparently if you date someone for a few days you're married!

Blue Mountains
Friday started very early with a trip to the Blue Mountains outside of Sydney. The ride in the coach took nearly two hours but I managed to catch a snooze and the views were amazing once we got off the coach. We stopped off at Govett's Leap and took a little walk down the rockface (without falling over!) and then stopped for lunch at Katoomba, which is a sweet little town with very few shops but plenty of cafes. We then went to Echo Point and then from Echo Point some of us in the group went for a walk from the top of the mountain into the rainforest. The trek was beautiful and I really enjoyed it, instead of walking back up we took the skycable back up so we could view the entire area, truly breathtaking.

Train to Gosford
Wow, taking the train from Sydney to Gosford was a little bit of a nightmare, public transport in the UK really isn't that bad! It took me an hour and a half to get from Sydney to Gosford to meet my cousin Kate and baby Charlotte. It's beautiful, it's almost in between the sea and bush with a little bit of town in between so you get to go everywhere. It's a lot quieter here but after all the drunken antics at the hostel it's nice to get away and have a room to myself. In the evening Uncle Bob and Auntie Jennifer came over and we had the biggest dinner ever and then went to the fireworks on the beach.

Reptile Park
We all (Uncle Bob, Auntie Jennifer, Kate and Charlotte, Byron had to run off to work) went to the Reptile Park where we saw, Tasmanian Devils, Cassowarys, Emus, Kangaroos, Koalas, Wombats, Alligators, Crocodiles, and I even touched a blue tongued lizard! And bizarrely enough it felt like touching plastic. We then drove over to Somersby Falls, had lunch and chilled out at home with tea, playtime with Charlotte, and MasterChef.

Tomorrow brings the Bush...no jokes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb