Stanthorpe to Wurrumbungles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Broken Hill
June 3rd 2008
Published: June 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We left Stanthorpe and travelled along the New England Hway to Tenterfield where just by chance we came across 'Stannum House' which has been beautifully restored and now has a lovely Cafe...in for devonshire morning tea which was very nice!

After morning tea we turned west onto the Gwyder Hway to Moree, we were a bit hesitant at first about Moree as it looked a bit deserted and several of the shops were boarded up which did not give us a good feeling about the town. Fortunately we ventured over the bridge and found a delightful township, apparently our camping area was in East Moree where they had some trouble with the locals some months back.

We had a great pub dinner and the following day explored the town...we found a great cafe (which we are always on the lookout for when we arrive in town) called 'Cotton on to great coffee' and it was just that...if you look closely at the photo of the Cafe you will see Keith walking inside to order yet another flat white!

The shops at Moree were lovely and we were surprized at the amount of shops for a country town...thankfully there was a great shop called Asseffs and they had lots and lots of RM Williams and that sort of stuff...I found some great walking shoes which you can see in the photo of me along with my new sheep sox...baa!

We had 3 nights at Moree then left for Gilgandra passing through Narrabri where we visited the 'Cotton Centre' which was really interesting...we did not realize just how much cotton is grown in the Moree/Narrabri area...this area grows 2/3 of all cotton grown in Australia and 99% is exported to China.

Onto the Warrumbungles which is absolutely beautiful...we had 3 nights in this wonderful National Park...we went to the Visitors Centre and read all about how the Warrumbungles was formed by a volcano millions of years ago...the Warrumbungles literally just pop up out of the plains...chilly nights but lovely sunny days, we welcommed our new found animal friends each day as you can see...they were very tame and visited us often...the Warrumbungles has recently been World Heritage listed which it deserves.

We are having a wonderful time and look forward to every day...more later!




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



3rd June 2008

Love all the pictures!
I love your blog and especially all the pictures. I also think it's great how we receive an email when you have updated your blog as well. Looks like you are having a great time!
3rd June 2008

Have a lovely trip and I love your beautiful caravan. It looks absolutley FANTASTIC and I will see you in a very very long time. The end!
5th June 2008

Great Blog
Great blog. Wow! The cotton picking place you visited looked unreal. I hope to one day visit the very same place. Is that Dad sitting in the Cotton Picking Vehicle? Love the new walking shoes Mum even the sox are great! Stay safe and keep up the good blogs. Love Mitch xo
5th June 2008

Always makes my day knowing of the wonderful things you are seeing an doing Lots of luv C

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb