Wombats and Roos


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
April 14th 2016
Published: April 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Ed and I went down to the games room to finish off the colours on the snooker table. Then we all trooped up the hill to find a cafe called Pomengranite. Cas joined us after ten mins as she returned the headphones shed bought the day before and had broken before using (pay cheap, buy twice).
We took the train towards Sydney and got off at Blacktown. A short bus ride and we were at Featherdale Wildlife Park. It showcased indigenous Australian wildlife: from the obvious ones such as Koalas, Kangeroos, Wallabies and Emus to less famous animals such as the Tasmanian Devil, Wombats (think minature pygmy hippo with fur), Echidna (porcupine hedgehogs), Dingoes, Flying Foxes and Saltwater Crocs. Also loads of very colourful cockatoos and parrots and some poisonous snakes.
The highlight for Hat and Cas was stroking a sleeping Koala. For Ed it was feeding little goats.
We stopped off at Penrith on the way back to Katoomba so that Cas could buy some better quality headphones and ditch the little ones which she was struggling to use.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb