The Three Sisters


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
July 31st 2006
Published: July 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Blue MountainsBlue MountainsBlue Mountains

Now you see it!!!!
We left Sydney two days after New Years Eve, what a night, the temperature was a warm 40 degrees and we were sweltering , we had been staying for the night with a friendly Sydneyite, so we said our farewells , called into our favourite Indian at Manly for our last Vindaloo and left, we got to the Blue Mountains easily after climbing a gradual but steep road for an hour.

We were so thrilled to see these iconic Australian formations, We stayed at the viewing platform so as to get all the changing colours as the sun set, we were glad we did. 161 photos later we retired to bed glad for the 28 degree summers night breeze.

WHAT......I awoke first with the horrid feel of COLD on my skin, I jumped out of bed and wished i didnt till prepared, It was freezing , talk about a land of contrasts. It had plummeted to a cool 5 degrees overnight.

Now the biggest thing of all this is that it was the 3rd of Jan the height of Summer, and the speed of the change was within a hour or two.

All in all there was
Blue MountainsBlue MountainsBlue Mountains

Now you Don't see anything !!!! Just heaps of Jumpers and Jeans!!!
heaps to see prior to the change! The change brought with it thick cloud cover which envelopes everything including the Three Sisters. Check the radars prior to arrival.

Greenhouse???? We asked a local who said it does this all the time and you get used to it......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb