The Blue Mountains Katoomba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
March 20th 2013
Published: March 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Got up early this morning to catch the 8.20am train to Katooomba, the journey took around two hours. I decided to take the hop on hop off bus as I couldn't find an information centre in the town. Firstly I took sky train across the gorge. In the middle of the sky train you can stand on a glass platform and see right down in to the gorge. It was a very long way down.

On arrival at the station there was a one hour queue for the trip down in to the rain forest via a cable car. Teas sounded a more favourable option so went back a bit later when it was a bit quieter. Unfortunately some of the walks were closed as they were carrying out come work on the scenic railway and a helicopter was doing the work in the area. Not quite the peaceful walk I had envisaged.

Following this I did a walk from three sisters, a rock formation to echo point, not a particularly difficult walk but almost a vertical drop on one side. Had to keep my jelly legs in good order.

Following this a walk to Leura cascades before returning to Leura to catch retraining train to Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1017.5kb