Blue mountains with Tina


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
September 19th 2007
Published: October 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Trekking in the Blue Mountains

We spent our last day in Australia with Tina, visiting the Blue Mountains. She met us off the train and drove out of the city suburbs into the mountains. We decided to walk along the Overcliff Track to see the waterfall, but being too stingey to buy a map, we inevitably ended up getting a bit lost along the track, but we made it around the route albeit a strange way! It was well worth the walk to enjoy the magnificent views of the mountains and forest, and walk under the overhanging cliff to the stepping stones across the falls. We fed a few magpies the lunch leftovers and then drove to The Three Sisters, a lookout over three pinnacles of rock. Then we attempted to get a drink at a posh, old Spa Hotel Tina had visited in the past, but the bar wasn't open, so we sneaked around the back for a look at the view from the crumbling balustrade. Tina drove us to Cogee Beach for a final scooner of Tooheys and we tried Pide, a yummy Turkish kebab from a little cafe. Then it was time to say goodbye to Tina as she dropped us off at our airport hotel. Thanks Tina for a fantastic day out - enjoy India!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Tina & JaseTina & Jase
Tina & Jase

At a lookout on the walk
Rach & Tina at WaterfallRach & Tina at Waterfall
Rach & Tina at Waterfall

Tina scaddling at the waterfall


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb