Day 21 - Grenfell to Balranald


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Balranald
February 16th 2009
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Grenfell to Griffith
The day began grey and overcast, but warm enough to be comfortable. The wind was very strong from the east, with many extra strong gusts, so I had to continually wrestle the bike to keep it on the correct side of the road most of the way to an early lunch stop at West Wyalong.
Continuing on to Griffith, I was in the Irrigation region and the countryside was filled with citrus groves and vineyards as far as the eye could see. No sign of pot plantations, but then the Underbelly series is set 30 years ago and things might have changed since then.

Griffith to Balranald
I crossed the Murrumbidgee at Darlington Point and, with no particular destination in mind, continued generally westard across a seemingly endless flat plain through to Hay which is home to the Shearers Hall of Fame (we've all heard of that haven't we?). I eventually stopped at Balranald where I took a cabin in the Caravan Park overlooking the Murrumbidgee.

Distance Travelled Today - 571km


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Not much on the horizonNot much on the horizon
Not much on the horizon

The view from the road between Hay and Balranald
Murrumbidgee at BalranaldMurrumbidgee at Balranald
Murrumbidgee at Balranald

Just outside the cabin door. Ahhh! This is the life.


17th February 2009

Hey, St Greggie
The morning was cold and lonely, the city lights old and grey, the sun arose trying to smile, gave it all away. Not much on the horizon - sounds like my personal life.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb