Albury Wodonga - Eventually


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Albury
March 20th 2008
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

Sorry its been a while coming - not been working or anything just too lazy to get our butts in gear!!

We awoke on the last day of Oz Intro nice and early to get to the airport for our 12 o clock flight. Did all of our last minute packing and took our quilt (doona they call it!) and pillow to the reception. We got our deposit back and that was it! Oz Intro over and on our own!!!

We had an ace week and made lots of friends and it was a bit sad to think we would all be off in seperate directions. We had eveyone's numbers and some of the girls had already left early in the morning. One girl was going to a surf school, another picking grapes. Some of the lads were off to Melbourne and another group were all set to buy a camper van.

We went round to the Oz Intro office to check e-mails to see if the guy from Albury had e-mailed - he hadn't!! We had his number so just booked a shuttle ride to the airport and off we went.

We arrived at the airport and there were two domestic terminals. Of course us being us ended up at the wrong one. We were due to fly with Qantas and got through the desk and everything ok. The guy on the check in desk noticed we were from England and chatted to us about football, sorry soccer! Bizzarley he was a Stoke City fan!

We got through to the small terminal and got a subway and a newspaper each then it was time to bored. We were both obviously nervous as we didn't really say much to each other - think it was just the fear of the unknown but we both agreed that if we didn't like it we would just come home.

Any way the flight was fine although the aircraft was a bit bumpy as it was pretty small - two seats - aisle - two seats.

As we began our descent and looked out of the window we noticed that we were well and truly in the bush! Not much around at all it appeared. We had texted Rick O'Connell at the airport as we had not heard from him and he rang back to tell us to go to the Hertz car rental desk at Albury airport for a lift from the guy who runs it (Tony Tuggins).

As the plane pulled up to the terminal we realised that this was the only plane around. We pulled that close to the terminal that we only had to walk about 20 meters - no need for a shuttle bus!!

As we got off the plane the heat immediatley hit us - very warm. Inside the terminal we looked to see which carousel our back packs would be coming off on. No need however - there was only one carousel about ten meters long!!!!

We got our packs and went over to the Hertz desk where we met Tony. He is a late 50 year old guy who was very friendly and took us for a mini drive up to a lookout point to give us an overall view of Albury and then onto our accomodation for the next two nights - The Railway Hotel or Brady's as the locals know it!

Will have to update further next time. Apologies about the 4 or 5 weeks delay but I will try to do it more regular now!!

Lee

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb