16 October 2012


Advertisement
Published: October 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we kicked things off at a waterside cafe enjoying a late morning coffee. From there we decided to catch a movie and take advantage of the Tuesday discounted prices (you all know what I'm referring to). The verdict is still out on the movie but it was an entertaining few hours nevertheless.

Late afternoon we took a drive along Lake Burley Griffin and stopped to walk along the waterside. Amazing to think this body of water is artificial; however, it is a pleasant place to be and there were plenty of people out sailing and running and riding.

The warm weather and daylight saving seems to be certainly bringing the city to life and as we strolled the city streets the after-work crowd seemed to be filling the pubs and cafes like there was no tomorrow. Driving to get into the city was no problem as with a relatively small population I am not sure if you can even say Canberra has peak hour traffic.

We headed to Honkytonks for Taco Tuesday and the food was quality......the cerveza was not bad either. The Wig & Pen was so impressive the night before that we headed back there again for a brew and I am sad to say I don't know when it will be that I will see this fine establishment again.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1953s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb