bindy and the crocs


Advertisement
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We unfortuantly didn't get to see Bindy in with the crocs but we did survive the trip to Australia zoo with all our limbs still attached.

Again as it has been a long time since i last blogged i have forgotten what we did and in what order but i will try try remember and fill you all in.

We enjoyed having megs parents with us for a couple of weeks travelling up and down the east coast of Australia enjoying walks, mountains, beahes and swimming in the ocean. We said goodbye to them in Brisbane and started our travels of Australia on our own. We stayed around in 'Brizzy' for a few more days checking out art galleries, museums and making the most of free internet in the public libary before relocating a campa from Brisbane to Sydney over 3 days. We drove a big 6 berth campa (8 metres in length and 3.5 metres high) which was pretty stressful. Finding places to park and praying each time we went under a bridge.

We made it to Sydney where we hired another campa but as we got to Sydney the weather started to change and get worse. lots of rain. The overcast weather then stayed for the next week. heading down the coast from Sydney we enjoyed coastl walks through the royal national park and then enjoying beaches down the coast through woolongong and down to Jervis bay. After 2 days of terrential rain we decided it wasnt really beach weather so headed inland to Canberra where we heard there was a free festival happening.

We arrived in Canberra, which is where we are now, and have had the most amazing time. The sun came out with clear blue skies, pergect for us to enjoy a late night, outdoors film festival, a baloon festival each morning of the week, emjoyed dipping balls in paint playing table tennis and calling it 'art'. Last night was symphony in the park where a huge orchestra and singers did their thing and was good. Today is a day of your typical music festival with lots of bands playing ending with fireworks. It's going to be a bit of an unusual way to end a week of festival like activities but on Tuesday we are going to the paliment house for 'question time' to see julia gillard and others and join in the spontaneous heckling. that evening we will slowly head out of the ACT and towards Melbourne perhaps through the (not-so-snowy) snowy mountains.

We will be putting up more photos of our time in canberra on Tuesday afternoon so keep your eyes up as there are defiently some funny ones going up.

whether it's constant sun, the festival or a combintaion these past few day have been really cool and promising to be perhaps the best week we have had on all our travels.

getting out the chilled ciders and chicken drumsticks for our BBQ whilst enjoying the gig in the park.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb