Fraser Island


Advertisement
Published: August 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we had two nights and three days on Fraser and thoroughly enjoyed it. Another thing to cross off our list of things to do before we die. We stayed at Eurong Beach resort which is on the East Coast with access straight onto the beach. It was incredible how many people were camping over there and how, on such a long stretch of beach the fishermen were all congregated in a 500 metre radius. Apparently the taylor were schooling at this particular spot. John did catch a nice trevally on his new beach rod but threw it back as we had no way of keeping it fresh. The beach is so clean and the sand is so fine. We didn't do a lot of travelling inland on the island as it was pretty rough but we did go to Central Station and to Lake Mackenzie. We also did a 5 and a half km walk to look at Basin Lake . Today is washing, cleaning, and restocking the camper ready for take off tomorrow morning. We think we will spend the next few days at Tweed Heads. We have missed Bruce as he left for Thailand on Monday so that was a bit of a shame.

love to all and enjoy the pics.

Maree and John




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb