Friday - Day Six


Advertisement
North America
August 4th 2017
Published: August 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Max was sweet enough to sleep in for me, so I rested for most of the morning and recovered from my “eventful” night. Charlie and Jacob went to the “Sibling Workshop” where they had the opportunity to be team captains and do some group competitions with the other siblings who have a brother or sister with CDC. They said it was fun, but parts were stupid. I think they liked the social part the best – which is just as it should be!!



Then we all went to a local park for the “Family Gathering” and picnic. It was a WONDERFUL event. We reconnected with a few families we had spent time with last year and then got to play in a HUGE fully accessible playground. All the kids LOVED it and it was very sweet to see them all playing together. The big boys got a hold of a bat, and Jacob had a ball, and both boys had their mitts from the MLB games earlier in the week, so they messed around on the diamond that was adjacent to the playground. A few of the other older siblings joined in, so they had fun as well.



Charlie, Jacob, and John got together after we returned to the hotel and decided that they wanted to try out the GoKart race track across the street from our hotel. They did that for a few hours and Max and I went to the hotel pool to swim with several CDC friends. It never ceases to amaze me how much these kids LOVE the water!! It is so relaxing and regulating for them!!





We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, I avoided a repeat of food poisoning, and then I went to the 5p- Society board meeting to present information to them regarding hosting the conference in Portland in 2019. Charlie and Jacob hit the pool late in the evening and Max and I went to sleep!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb