Chicago


Advertisement
North America
August 14th 2016
Published: August 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Traveling through Wisconsin into Illinois, we traveled through Milwaukee which we thought was a fantastic city. Only spending a few hours their, we wished it had been more and stayed there at lease a night but we had booked into Chicago. We had arranged the weekend to the last minute.The once industrial Milwaukee, a city of old clay brick factories. Which have been renovated into office blocks and appartments its got a great feeling of industry. Shops, boutiques resturaunt and bars make for such a vibrant city. I really like how they have redeveloped this city without loosing its character.Onward to Chicago. Arrival in the Windy city we instantly liked, and had splashed out on a quite expensive hotel The Wyndum Grand. And with a upgrade to a suite on the 37 floor overlooking the Trump Tower we pondered about just vegging, with all the luxury we dragged ourselves away and headed out to explore the city. The weather was clear and we decided to go to the John Hancock building, which is one of the tallest building in Chicago. And has a coctail bar and resturaunt with 360 views of Chicago we had a drink and took in the views. We strolled down Michigan Ave and watched the city, window shoped the designer shops. I couldn't help notice Mothers with their daughters with large expensive store bags with American Girl printed on the bag. Remarking it must be a fashion outlet for young girls/women we noticed the store and entered. It was a girly store, but a doll store the "American Girl" the dolls where a typical long blonde doll in various outfits Hiking, Fittness, Sport. Dolls depicting the all American Girl along with the dolls the store had books on how to.....table manners, Hygene, how to books with life skills. And also matching girl outfits the same as thier dolls. Very excited thinking about my how our Grandaughters would love, they would be idea gifts. Wrong!! these dolls will set you back at last $350 Aust..... wow. But they were truly gorgeous. Very very sad, I left the store...... Lucky little girls who own these dollies. <br style="color:񮾑 font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 17px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.301961);" />We walked miles enjoying Michigan Ave and wandered through Millennium Park. We saw the point outside the art gallery, Adams Street were the historic start of the Route66 starts and were we will also start our trip along the route66.We ate a lovely steak at the resturaunt next to the hotel that night, and the view of the river and the lights of the city were lovely great food and a couple of bottles red.Early in the morning we drove to Wrigley Field to where the Chicago Cubs play baseball to have a look see. We spent the afternnoon wandering around Navy Pier and Lincoln Park Zoo.Coming down to earth the next morning we checked out of luxury and headed to the famous Lou Mitchells were everyone starting the route 66 has brekky. A diner on West Jackson blv, yum we ate our route 66 eggs benedict. Fruit, donuts and fresh bottomless coffee. We were fed and watered and ready the first leg of the 66. What to expect.......Get your Kicks on Route 66.


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

ChicagoChicago
Chicago

Mitchigan Ave
ChicagoChicago
Chicago

John Hancock Building
Chicago Chicago
Chicago

Views from the Hancock Tower
ChicagoChicago
Chicago

The life of some felines


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb