A2 RIHLA #9


Advertisement
North America
November 19th 2012
Published: November 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. I think that Noble have been able to spread so much in such a short time because they are a better choice. Their only competitor is the failing public school system, which makes them a dominant choice if they chose to.

2. I believe that Noble will impact the public school system in some way. I cannot be sure of the actual impact as I don't have any evidence for support. To find that evidence, I must ask how are "Noble kids" different from "Public kids" and what caused their life to be so different.

3. While Noble is a better system than most educational systems in the nation. If I were Mr. Milkie, I would consider solving a potential management issue first. To handle schools in an entirely different area, an area that might have problems that requires very different solutions that Noble cannot offer, is going to be a tough job for one person unless some local authority is set up.

If Noble were to expand beyond Illinois, many things can be affected by that expansion. For example, if Noble were to expand to an area like New York, parents will have an alternate option to the crumbling and poorly funded CPS schools. Conversely, Noble might contribute to the achievement gap instead if what it offered was only a "patch" to the educational opportunities for people with a low socio-economic status by "picking" kids via lottery for enrollment. Kids who are enrolled are essentially offered a chance to be successful in life while others are neglected, which is the problem Noble tried to solve in the first place.

4. If Noble does continue to expand, the only value I believe is worth keeping is the idea of nobility. Illinois is very different from other states; therefore, different ideas, rules, and discipline is demanded in those areas. Also, everything else can be changed to adapt to different situation, whereas the idea of nobility is the foundation for Noble Street, and if that idea is changed, then Noble isn't really Noble anymore.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb