Day Two - Chateau Marmont Dinner


Advertisement
North America
April 27th 2012
Published: April 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

That night after Rodeo Drive Laura and I got all dolled up and went to Bar Marmont (the bar next to chateau Marmont). We didn't make a reservation so when we got there we got asked to wait at the bar for a table to be ready by the funky door man. We ordered vodka lime and soda, and it was the yummiest vodka I'd ever had! We had to wait a fair while for a table, but we didn't mind, we just stood and scanned the place for a celebrity the whole time! We didn't see any! 😞 we then got seated and offered a delish wine with dinner and the food was soooo good! We ordered a beet root salad and gnocchi dish to share and they were both ridiculously good!

After dinner we went to Chateau Marmont to see if we could have a look around ( and see any celebrities) but the public aren't aloud in after 6pm, and it was around 11 at this point. While we were taking photos of the sign the big bunch of paparazzi that were out the front started talking to us and asked us if we were English. It turns out one of the paparazzi guys was an Aussie guy that use to be a presenter back in Oz, with Bert on GMA and something else! And he said another lady ( cant remember who) that use to present shows in Aus was in LA just working at Bar Marmont! LA is tough!

While we were standing there chatting to him a car with a bunch of younger people in it pulled up and Florence (from Florence and the machine) walked past us! Me and Laura waited out the front there for a while because the paps said that Lindsay Lohan was inside and they were waiting to get a photo of her stumble out.

We also kept asking the valet to just let us go inside, and after a few lame Australian jokes he let us go inside (knowing we would get kicked out). So Laura and I (not expecting to get very far) head inside. A lovely guy directed us towards the lift and towards the restaurant (where all the celebs hang out). The matrodee wasn't not going to let us in ( not famous and no reservation) but Laura somehow convinced her we had friends inside and we walked straight in! We were so excited but too nervous to look properly to see if there was famous people around! A waitress then approached us asking what we were doing as EVERYONE GETS SEATED apparently, well that's what she kept saying over and over. Laura just kept saying our friends were in there and then a big black guy came over and said to the waitress ' what are they doing in here, they were just outside hanging with thepaparazzi! So I said LET'S GO!And we got followed out and Laura kicked a candle over on the way! Whoops!
After that we chatted to the Valet who let us in and was amused at what happened to us! Sitting near him was the lady who runs the chateau Marmont! She asked us where we came from and said that she was from a small town a few hours from Adelaide! She was very scary/ fake and all the paparazzi HATED her! The paps then told us that Jason Segel's house was just behind the hotel so me and Laura went and had a look and took photos at his gate! I then buzzed his doorbell, but there was no response because the paps said he was in New York with his girl friend Michelle Williams! 😞 We then went home as by this stage it was very late/ early (even though I wanted to go to the bar down the road where Jason Segel usually hangs out!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb