Action packed weekend!


Advertisement
North America
January 24th 2012
Published: January 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Gravedigger goes down 7 secs
2: Joe on sled 9 secs
3: Taffy making 11 secs
The last week has been a relief as we finally found a decent price on car insurance - a mere $1970 for the year! Way better than the previous quote!



Jess had a great time in the snow and finally got to do a snow angel. When Joe got home from school, they both spent 2 hours out in the front yard building 'tiny' snowmen and throwing snowballs at each other and the windows.

We then had a weekend away with some fellow Aussie exchangees. Friday night in Toronto for drinks and nibblies, then Saturday conference with about 20 Aussies from South Australia, Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland. Saturday afternoon we headed to a local ski resort where everyone had lessons and a 'night ski'. The kids loved it and did so well.

Sunday was our day, so we did it in style - first to CN Tower to take in the magnificent day, then to 'Monster Jam' to see the Monster trucks in action!

We had our first experience of water expansion as we awoke Monday morning to a gushing burst pipe that flooded our basement! Oh well, more dealings with insurance companies. Honestly, Austalian insurance companies are absolute saints compared to the thieves in this country! They cover the damage that the burst pipes cause, but not the plumber to fix the pipes. Ridiculous.

We are definitely adjusting to the weather. We woke up this morning and when we saw it was 3 degrees, we commented that it was a warm day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 77, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 1.671s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb