First impressions of New York


Advertisement
North America
April 13th 2011
Published: April 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The very first thing that struck us on leaving our hotel was the most beautiful church - St Patrick's.   It seemed a shame for it to be hemmed in amongst so many bland faceless skyscrapers. It's glowing leadlight windows against the grey drab day even drew in and impressed the girls. We said a prayer for Julie (who died the morning we left) and the whole Thompson family. 

We haven't minded swapping the soothing sound of waves breaking for the constant hum of air-conditioning, and the sea view for a brick wall as the hotel is in a great location, has got spacious rooms, comfy beds, free wifi, and no bed bugs (we've been on the look out). 

I'm very proud of the girls. They are getting on great with no fighting - so far (yay). They're awesome travellers - very aware and on to it when navigating airports and streets. Better than some adults I've travelled with in the past. 

We spent the day shopping around our area and at Macys. We're still getting our body clocks set right, but wasn't helped by having our main meal of the day for breakfast (after waking at 1pm) and tea was at a cute little cupcake shop. We all happened to wake around 3am and were wide awake and hungry. I was keen to go out into the city that doesn't sleep but we settled for a cup of tea and raiding the minibar food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

St Patricks birds eye viewSt Patricks birds eye view
St Patricks birds eye view

From Top of the Rock


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.3kb