day 23 - los angeles, ca to melbourne


Advertisement
North America
June 12th 2010
Published: June 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

we woke before 10am as we wanted to get our free breakfast. here we found out that we had to meet in the lobby by 1:30pm as our new flight was at 3:30pm, or so we thought.
as we werent allowed to collect any baggage all we had was what we were wearing and what was in our carry on... not much. so after breakfast mary and i made our way on foot down to the local walmart to see what we could find.
we got some new clothes to wear then walked back to the hotel, leaving enough time for lunch before our shuttle. when we arrived back to have lunch the air nz guy told us that th shuttle for people travelling to australia wasnt leaving until 7pm as we would be on the same flight as we we're supposed to have left on last night.
so we had our lunch (again on air nz, they gave us $25 each toward lunch at the hotel).
after this, as we now had extra time, we got a lift back down to walmart by the guy from the hotel and got manicures and pedicures done, both for only $23...bargain!
we then found out there was a bigger mall near by so walked back to the hotel and the hotel guy dropped us off there. we were there maybe an hour and a half before catching a cab back to the hotel to quickly grab some dinner (again on air nz) before getting our shuttle at 7pm.
we got to the airport, got our new boarding passes and went through security. at least we didnt have to check in bags etc again as we didnt have them.
all went to plan, our flight left at 9:30pm like it was supposed to last night and here i am typing this up at auckland, new zealand waiting for our flight our of here to melbourne.
just found our before that ron made both his flights, even though his was delayed because we were blocking the runway, i bet he's glad he didnt change flights now.
oh well, we got an extra day in la to relax and shop and we're making it home safe, which is the main thing.


Advertisement



15th June 2010

Oh the dramatics of it all! lol I hope they let everyone check the tyres of the plane for peace of mind?! ;o)

Tot: 0.451s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb