Our first Sunday in SM


Advertisement
North America
May 17th 2009
Published: May 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We woke up to a brisk Sunday morning with dark ominous thunder clouds and a nice breeze. My favorite kind of day after coming from the hot, uneventful Arizona days. We ate a great breakfast of farm fresh eggs (the kind that are different colors and sizes we picked up at a local organic restaurant), with home-made cilantro pesto sauce, sauteed mushrooms and onions along with some fresh organic goat cheese and some smoked salmon from the nearby Costco, all wrapped in a warm tortilla.

After breakfast we headed to a place where people take their dogs for a walk: a large open area completely fenced in with views of the distant mountain ranges. There are several paths and lot's of grass and trees and the ever elusive rabbits that keep our two hounds in constant anticipation. They get great exercise, and we get to have a nice walk in the semi-wilderness. All this just 10 minutes from our house!

We were invited that day to a semi-annual event for spaying and neutering the locals' animals free of charge. We were told we'd meet a lot of people who might need my husband's Chiropractic services, the main reason we
Our new puppy Oreo.Our new puppy Oreo.Our new puppy Oreo.

Our new Oreo!
had moved to San Miguel. Sure enough, we met many wonderful people assisting with this massive two day event.

We drove along a little dirt road and pulled up to a building where a lot of people and their dogs were patiently waiting outside for their numbers to be called. We walked in to a beautiful circular building where in the center were the recovering dogs and their owners, and along the walls were several vets and their assistants operating like an assembly line. It was quite an amazing operation and had become very well attended over the past years. This organization provided an important service to the community and was obviously very much appreciated.

While we were standing watching the activity, we noticed a tiny puppy we soon learned needed a home and we adopted her on the spot. The American woman who owned her said she already had 14 dogs she'd rescued and was trying to find a home for this little one. She and her brother were found in a birdcage starving along with a few other pups, so this woman had bought her for 50 pesos (less than 5 dollars) along with her brother. She looks like a little herding dog of some sort, black and white, and we named her Oreo right away....the name just fit!

So now we have a new little resident to incorporate in to our new life in San Miguel.

Till the next time! Hasta luego!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb