Grand Canyon 2nd time lucky!


Advertisement
North America
June 27th 2005
Published: November 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Grand Canyon Grand Canyon Grand Canyon

Sunny day - horray
Arrived in the Grand Canyon on a very hot, I was so excited as the last time I visited it was so cloudy you couldn't actually see the canyon! Imagine I travelled all that way couldn't even see a foot infront of my own nose - gutted. Luckily for me this time it was a beautiful sunny day and the canyon was very much in sight - horray! The canyon as you will all know if you've visited it is spectacular, awesome - really no words can do it justice, so I won't bother to try! Instead I will tell you all about what we got up to there... Well, we took a guided walk with a park ranger, he told us that two men the previous week were struck down dead by bolts of lightening, just on que these really dark angry clouds rumbled in and the wind whipped up, a few minutes later the canyon seemed to get gobbled up by the dark angry clouds. The park ranger told us to get into shelter asap as our lives were in danger. We all scurried into the gift shop , we stayed in there for an hour until the storm did it's worsed. I've never seen rain hammer down that hard, it was quite scary.

That night we went into the lodge bar for a few drinks and a game of pool, we got talking to the lodge chef who was there on his night off, he was absolutely wasted, and started slagging off his co-workers, then he started to pick on these massive navajo locals, they looked like they could crush him with their little finger... I as usual started to feel uncomfortable with the situation especially when the drunk chef kept trying to crack on to me when my fella was playing his shot!

Enough said, check these pics out:


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Grand Canyon Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon

Me in deeeeeeep thought
Grand Canyon Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon

Storm coming in...
Grand Canyon Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon

In the mix of it
Grand Canyon Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon

Is he going to jump?!


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb