Final Preparations


Advertisement
North America
June 4th 2008
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well Folks,

We are in the final countdown of launching on our world tour.

Lynne has been busy in the sweatshop making all kinds of cool stuff for the trip. She has now designed and sewn stuff sacks for our backpacks. Let me explain how these work. Backpacks do not travel well through airports. All of the straps tend to get caught in the conveyor belts and to be honest with you, I think the gorillas in the back love to gnaw on them as well. She made these oversized stuff sacks out of lightweight, rip-stop nylon. She even made draw strings and straps for them. Another handy feature will keep baggage handlers from rooting through the packs. She did a really awesome job on these.

Lynne has also been busy trimming down some of our other multi-colored stuffsack and making some final alterations on some of our clothing.

I spent most of the day today cleaning and waxing the Jeep. Tomorrow I will run into town to do an oil change and clean and wax the Pathfinder.

Both of us have been busy with the busy work of putting the final details together.

Tommorrow night, we will do a final packing and run our final departure checklist. We will get up early on Friday morning and head to Atlanta for our first flight to New York.

Holy Smokes, we are so ready to start this adventure.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish my daughter Katrina a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Katrina turns 27 today. Geez girl time sure flies.

I'll try to squezze in one more short update before we depart, but if the final preparations hold me back, look for our first update from Iceland. I should be able to do my first update on Sunday or Monday.




"Plunge boldly into the thick of life, and seize it where you will, it is always interesting."
~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe~




Advertisement



5th June 2008

Good Luck and God Speed!
Good Luck...Hope you find all the adventure you desire and then some! God Speed...We pray that God will keep you safe and sound today, tomorrow and always!
5th June 2008

Thanks
Alan and Denise, Thanks for the note. We know we have friends in Texas when we make it back. I know you are still finding typos. I'll be sure to keep a few in the updates to keep your editorial skills sharp as a tack.
5th June 2008

Have Fun, Be Safe, and most of all--Be HAPPY
This will be the "Time of your lives"! We will keep you in Jimmy's nighly prayers. Have FUN and if the day ever comes where that is not possible then just come home. God Bless you both! We love you
5th June 2008

Thanks for the birthday wish...in a couple of years you will not be able to post my age. okay. Hope all is going well. Hope your trip goes great! Hurry back soon, we miss you all!
5th June 2008

Thanks
Kathi and Jimmy, Thanks so much for the well wishes. You are very special friends. See you when we return.
5th June 2008

Stop counting
Katrina--two more years and we will stop counting, but until then....Boomdiada, Boomdiada
5th June 2008

safe trip
Have a safe trip. May God watch over you and keep you safe. Lynne, remember your love ones in Pensacola. Keep in touch when you can.
6th June 2008

We will stay in touch!!!!
Vickie, We will stay in touch through the blog and will call when we can. Give everyone a big hug and kiss from us. We Love you and will see you next year.
6th June 2008

good luck
Dad and lynne Just wanted to wish you both luck. I know you are both ready for this. Please be safe and know I am thinking about you every day. I miss you both and hope this turns out to be every thing you have dreamed about. love you guys
6th June 2008

Thanks Jackie
Jackie, Thanks for the well wishes. We will keep you posted as we wander around the world. Remember to follow your dreams. Love ya 2.

Tot: 0.548s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.2652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb