On The Way Back


Advertisement
North America
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Even though we have been at sea since you last heard from me, thought I might do an additional blog giving a bit of info of the ship and what we have been up to. The ship, as most of you are no doubt aware, is the Artemis, built back in 1984 and able to carry some 12000 passengers and about 500 crew. It has four bars, two on deck nine, the Horizon and the Riviera, one on deck eight, Crystal Bar and one on deck three, Tiffany's. Makes it handy as no matter where you are, a drink is always available.

The Coral Dining Room is situated on deck two as if it gets a bit choppy, you do not feel the bumps as much. Cyber Study, where I sit and send my e-mails, having typed them first in the cabin, is on deck tree. Theatres at each end of the ship on deck three, The International and Starlight's, also the cinema on same deck and the Shopping arcade, as if I could forget that. Lastly, yes I found it, the doctors surgery down in the boughs of the ship on deck one.

So what have we been up to? Well, most of the time on deck making the most of the sunshine whilst we can. Have been to see another comedian, not bad but not one of the best. Has not been the best cruise for comedians on this ship although we do have Brian Connolly coming on board at Madeira just for one show so hopefully he will brighten things up.

At our last port of call we did have Rustie Lee join us and for those who know her, what a laugh she has, plus of course that loud voice, no microphone needed when she performs.

Last night we were invited to join the captain for cocktails and found out some interesting facts about him. His name is Captain Peter Philpott and he is a Folkestone Man and lad, although has recently moved on, but still visits the town now and then. Also we found out that he went to the same school as my son, Robert. So the Harvey Grammar has produced a Captain of a Ship and a Captain of Industry, I thought that up myself. Well we had intended to do quite a bit after the cocktail party but as is usual, having a a couple of glasses of wine prior to dinner, sinking a bottle between four of us at dinner and having a few at the cocktail party, lost count of the actual glasses, we decided to give the show that evening a miss. However we were lucky enough to be invited to a friends cabin for the rest of the evening and managed to sink a bottle of so called champers, I think it was just sparkling wine but very enjoyable. So getting on for midnight we managed, slowly, to walk back to our cabin and to our surprise found inside an invitation to another free drinks evening, the Portunas Club, on 4th. Looks like we will have to do it all over again then, what a life.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb