Day 10 - Biking, Biking, and More Biking


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

BisonBisonBison

This was on the side of the road, about 25 yards away, when we were biking to Lake City.
We had no official tours for the day, so we biked up to the Lake City. On the way, we saw a bison about 20 yards from the road, so we got some great close-ups! Once there, we hiked a narrow trail to the shore of Yellowstone Lake. The view was extremely beautiful and we were able to get some great photos. We got a little hungry, so we went to the Lake Hotel for lunch. Jason and Sam had bison burgers (They were delicious!). Carrie had lobster stuffed ravioli-another fine choice! Our server was named Marcin and he was from Poland. He was very nice and suggested a couple places to visit if we ever go to Europe again. After eating, we biked back to our RV. Since we had nothing else planned for the day, we cleaned up the RV. Yeah, it was getting a little ripe!

We had some time in the evening and made it to a program about birds in the area. It dealt specifically with corvids, which are Ravens, Crows, Magpies, and Jays. The lady was very knowledgeable and a very good speaker. Since it was cold and had been raining, she didn’t want
BeachBeachBeach

On the shore of Yellowstone Lake
to set up her projector and such, only to have to put it away if it started raining again. So we stood around a campfire that she had set up and listened to her speak. It was very good and the campfire made it well worth the ride through the cold and rain to get there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Wierd PeopleWierd People
Wierd People

Trying, and failing, to be cool.
BeachBeach
Beach

Carrie and Jason on a log.
BeachBeach
Beach

Sam and Carrie were trying to push the log into the water with me on it.
MoonMoon
Moon

The moon was really bright and orange this night.
MoonMoon
Moon

The moon was really bright and orange this night.


Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb