Yellowstone to Cody, WY


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the delay on the postings. We didn't have internet for a few days.

Going through Yellowstone in one day is not recommended. There is so much to see and do and we didn't see half of it.

We started our day driving north through the Grand Tetons. It took us awhile to actually get to Yellowstone. At one point we were sitting at a construction stop and there was a rather rotund-looking slow/stop sign-holding guy. While we were waiting he actually put his sign down, went into his car, pulled out a small watermelon and cut it open on the trunk of his car and started eating it with a pocketknife. You had to be there I guess, because it was hilarious for us to watch him eat that watermelon while we waited.

See the pics and videos(!) below to see where we went.

After coming out of Yellowstone we drove through the Bear Tooth mountains along what is known as the Buffalo Bill Scenic Byway. This 52-mile stretch of HWY 14 has been called the most scenic drive in America and we could see why, it was beautiful! After our lovely drive, we arrived in Cody around 8:30pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb