Day 4


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Jake made breakfast this morning, fried potatoes and bacon and eggs. Mom and the girls and I went for a walk along the river this morning. Someone had made a neat fort on the bank in miniture, though I didn't have the camera with me to take a picture. We hope to make it to Missoula by tonight. We are on our way to Yellowstone and left at 9 am from camp.

We have been seeing all sorts of neat flowers and sights in Yellowstone. When we came through this May there was snow in the south entrance and we went through a snow storm at the east entrance. We made the top loop for most of the way. We saw a real idiot standing just feet away from a bull bison with his children. Soon after we saw a park ranger pull up and as we left another was blazing through with his lights flashing. It's amazing sometimes, people's stupidity.

We saw many bison up close, some elk, the Mammoth Hot Springs, some pretty waterfalls and a young grizzly. I could easily see myself having land or cabins in these areas, its pretty here.

We drove, Jake
The PillarThe PillarThe Pillar

Named for Sacajewea's son, this pillar has Captain Lewis's signature on it, but we only drove through
did, he always drives! to Lake George recreation area 15 miles from Anaconda, Montana. It should take 2 hours to drive to Missoula tomorrow. there we will do laundry and Mom will try to talk to Sharon (Sherry) Grindell, Judd's daughter, tomorrow if she can find her. We need to also take showers or find a secluded swimming area, haha. We ate soup, noodles and green beans with canned tomatoes and grilled cheese sandwiches for supper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

TreeTree
Tree

This was at the Petroglyph caves outside of Billings, MT
Smith MineSmith Mine
Smith Mine

Site of a major mining accident in the forties where 75 or so men lost their lives
Moon over the Hills in Wyoming East of YellowstoneMoon over the Hills in Wyoming East of Yellowstone
Moon over the Hills in Wyoming East of Yellowstone

tweaked slightly to bring out the purple sky
GrizzlyGrizzly
Grizzly

eating on the hillside
BisonBison
Bison

Just standing around


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb