Day of Rest


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Moran
August 31st 2017
Published: September 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

blog 08-31-17 Day of Rest

We really needed it. We have been on the go for a long time and I think it just caught up with us. We both were tired so were the dogs so we just layed around most of the day doing odd and ends.

Ginnie used the grinder on her dogs toes nails, and read her book. I took a walk to the river with Watson with all my gear, camera, lenses, chair, rain coat and water. I had fun watching the world go by and a great blue heron caught my attention for a while. He was standing on dead tree roots and he blended in perfectly. The river is beautiful as clear as it can be with different colored rocks on the bottom. The flowers were abundant and just growing out of the river rocks. Pictures.

Just before dinner Ginnie and I took a short ride on a dirt road at the north end of the property. It's Grassy Lake road and we came to a small river with lots of swallows and there at a bend there was a trumperter swan just swimming around in the shallows. Lots of pictures. We drove down the road to a section that was badly burned lot too long ago. The trees were black and so was the earth with ash but lupin was growing right through the ash. What a contrast.

We were very happy to have discovered this little paradise and drove home very happy.

Update on Linus. He is doing really well. He is moving much better and is interested in life again. He watches Alfy and Watson play like a grandfather would and occasionally seems to want to particapate. So we are all very happy with his progress.

The other 2 boys are just fine getting into trouble sometimes but just being playful. So happy they have adapted to travel so well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement




Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb