Road Trip Through Wyoming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Laramie
July 3rd 2013
Published: July 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Driving Through Southern Wyoming


Wellington, ColoradoWellington, ColoradoWellington, Colorado

We stopped to stretch in Wellington, Colorado.
We originally planned to make the trip up to Logan, Utah to visit with Andrew's brother last month. The trip got cancelled. On Monday, Andrew found out his work would be closing on July 5. With a four day weekend on our hands, we decided to make the trip work!

We left the Denver area around 3:30pm. We couldn't make the full drive to Logan in one stretch with the kids, so we made reservations at the Motel 8 in Green River, Wyoming. Our plan was to drive to Cheyenne with the kids, let them stretch, play, and eat, and then we would drive to Green River while the kids slept. Things didn't quite work out like we'd planned. Traffic out of the city was dense, and it took us over two hours just to reach Ft Collins. We pulled over at a gas station in Wellington. They had a few picnic tables outside, so we grabbed a bite to eat there.

It seemed pointless to stop in Cheyenne at that point, so we decided to drive through to Laramie. Southeastern Wyoming was beautiful. I told Andrew it was a cross between Colorado and the Midwest. It's naturally greener than Colorado with a bit of humidity. There was something else we really don't see in Denver: fireworks stands! The fire danger must not be much of a threat there. In Laramie, we went to Washington Park. Washington Park was a beautiful park with tall trees and plenty of shade. There were people out playing basketball and plenty of little ones on the playground, parts of which was handicapped accessible. Our kids had a grand time! When they were thoroughly worn out, we cleaned them up, put them in their jammies, and set off for Green River.

We encountered some heavy showers on our drive but finally pulled into Green River close to midnight. Our Motel 8 is clean but run down. It's not much, but it's a very affordable place to stop and lay our heads for a few hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



6th July 2013

Fun and cute
Enjoying the summer!

Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 83; dbt: 0.2778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb