Yellowstone Adventure. Signal Mountain to Jackson


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson Hole
September 24th 2014
Published: September 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Yell Day 19 Signal Mountain to Jackson.
Whow! What a way to finish this trip. Sunny and warm with a steady downhill run to Jackson with the majestic Teton Mountain Range on our right, changing their hue with every hour as the sun climbs in the sky. What a difference 16 days make to the aspen trees, which were green when we traversed this route last and now a rich yellow. It was so peaceful on the cycle track, which stretches from the top of Jenny Lake right into Jackson, a total distance of about 24 miles of smooth Tarmac. The only downside today was that about 6 miles of it was out of use due to work on lime painting and new kerbing. I defied the signs and carried on going along one stretch until a friendly Park Ranger kindly made me aware of my transgression - damn. As if I would do such a thing on purpose. Near to Jackson is a Museum of Wildlife Art, which has some great bronze statues of all the animals to be seen locally. Down in Jackson the temperature continued to rise to the high 20's as we went looking for a place to eat and looked around the gift shops with some incredibly good pieces of art and jewellery. No tat here. Bikes stripped down now and ready for off at 5am.
Another successful tour in a great place. I think I quite like it in them there hills.

Stats. 34 miles. Ave 13.0. Elev 1907. Ascent. 282. Temp 10 - 26 degrees.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Target practiceTarget practice
Target practice

Bill just before I put on the blindfold and threw the knife.


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb