Day 15 - Part 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson Hole
August 21st 2011
Published: August 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We set out around 1:00pm, MST, to tour the local area of Jackson Hole. We stopped at visitor center where this is also a Wildlife Viewing area. However, we were not fortunate enough to see anything there other than geese & ducks.
We decided to take a drive up the Teton Mountain road and see if we could see any wildlife up there. We did see a good size mule deer buck when we first started out. But that was it…not even a squirrel! We drove about 20 miles, and up to an altitude a little over 8,200 feet. The temperature never dropped below 84 degree even at the altitude. We think that is why we did not see any elk, moose or bison. But, nonetheless it was a beautiful drive.
We wandered in the village of Jackson Hole and found a few souvenirs. We saw the big antler arches and a old fashion stage coach drawn by mules and another drawn by horses. People just about everywhere we went, people were friendly, with the exception of the few rude tourists…you know the type, can’t say “excuse me” before they cut you off, shove you when you’re in their way…and of course the ones with obnoxious children.
There were a lot of places to eat, but by the time we decided we were hungry, so had every other person in town apparently. There were long waiting lines in all the cool looking places. We were tired & hungry and with the prospect of heading out early tomorrow morning….we settle on DQ…yep, 3,000+ miles from home, and we at the DQ!



Additional photos below
Photos: 94, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb