Spearfish, South Dakota to Sheridan, Wyoming


Advertisement
Published: December 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It’s I90, heading west back into Wyoming on another gorgeous day. Just after Sundance we travel North West on WY14 for a brief encounter with the Devil’s Tower. There are some terrific views of the Tower en route.

We walked the easy 1.3 mile loop trail at the base of the Tower, with good views of the monument, the boulder field, and the surrounding ponderosa pine forest and meadow. We were disappointed to read a formal sign stating “The Tower is held sacred by many American Indians ……..Respect this place by staying on the trails.” Then we see climbers scaling all over the awesome Monument! Sorry, this leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Now we head south west on WY14. There are some huge vistas and an big empty roads on the way, especially views of the Bighorn Mountains. Then heading back west at Moorcroft on I90, passed Gillette and stop at the Sheridan Motel 6 near I90. This is a new hotel and really nice, except for the Microwave oven and fridge next to Doreen’s bed head. You’d have thought some senior manager would notice that is not very good practice?

Then into town for a slap up nosh!



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Fridge and Microwave next to bed head!Fridge and Microwave next to bed head!
Fridge and Microwave next to bed head!

What a racket next to your head!


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb