Fat crack country


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cheyenne
July 25th 2008
Published: July 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have been away from the internet for the last few days and thus unable to update you on our sojourns. Basically this is a teaser blog just to let you know that we are a) alive+well b) planning on updating with more relevant info soon. Its just a little tough without the net close at hand. Basically, we are in Vedauwoo WY (fat crack country to those who climb) and its really nice. Wyoming has been, over all, however, a disappointment due to the fact that the people who live here seem to be mostly rednecks of the less than desirable kind-- ie not those immortalized in Lynyrd Skynyrd ballads but rather the type of folk who drive like they're from NJ and look like they're from hardcore Walden NY. Dirty, poor, little self respect and frigid in mannerism to anyone who doesn't go hunting minorities with them on the weekends, or shooting roadsigns with shotguns, or smashing whiskey bottles in the wildlife preserve, or defecating wildly about in the forest, leaving the toilet paper fluttering in the breeze, draped over sage brush like drapes attempting to cover a gutted, abandoned house.

The high plains themselves are beautiful though (scenery-wise) and the climbing is dope. The local people, I am much less impressed with, in a positive sense. Give me the friendly folks in Custer ANY day. Pictures and more back-blogging will follow soon...

SR

Advertisement



25th July 2008

OMIGOD that must be the funniest description of people ever!! so i don't think I will be visiting Wyoming anytime soon. thanks for the heads up.

Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb