Welcome


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin
September 5th 2007
Published: September 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

As the first blog, I would be remiss if I didn't mention my home state. As a native of Sheboygan, I can truly appreciate good cuisine, world class sports and the blue collar communities throughout the US and the world. Of course Sheboygan's cuisine involves brats as does its world class sports - the 2006 Bratwurst Eating Championship was held at Brat Days. To add to the lifecycle of the featured product, Kohler Company, located just a couple miles west of Sheboygan, manufactures Toilets.

On a serious note, Wisconsin is jewel in the rough northern great lakes. With beautiful Lake Michigan coastline, world class hotels in Kohler, Green Lake and Lake Geneva, and a glacial driftless areas who's jagged rocks evoke wonder - the state is well worth a visit, even if you are only making the trip from the heavily tolled Illinois border. Milwaukee has much to offer in culture and natural coastal beauty (Lake coast, that is) while Madison's liberal, but highly educated, spirit will make you wonder how Wisconsin ever elected a republican - to anything.

Through my blog it is not my intent to ignore the great state which I live, but it is often easy to overlook your own backyard. Enjoy the experiences and the Rewind:, I hope it will provide ideas and promote those who wouldn't normally travel to do so - and do so well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb