ALMOST HOME


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Milwaukee
August 12th 2010
Published: August 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well finally a hotel with a business centre, guess you get what you pay for. We are in Milwaukee funny enough few know about Happy Days... there is a Fonzi statue supposedly and that is it.

We are at the Ironhorse Hotel which I booked via hotwire and what a beautiful hotel. Rooms are very very nice as this hotel is in a renovated textile building built in 1903. Originally pillars etc. It is a motorbike hotel tribute to ironhorse (aka motorbikes) so tonite is suppose to be noisy as it is biker nite so lots visiting and staying.

Went to beach today very nice, they have done a great job with sandy beach and homes etc not encroaching. Lots of parkland on the waterfront and lake Michigan is nice and refreshing as temp is 90 degrees and humid.

Wisconsin Dells was a blast did two water parks Noahs and Mt Olympus. Rode the craziest roller coaster Hades 3X, Avery did it twice and does it put the fear of hell in ya! It went 70 mph straight down under ground, what a hoot.

Then we hit the wave pool and looked just like new tourists as we thought it was one that sloshed around but nope this one is a 9 foot tidal wave! After knocking us both silly and losing my hat and glasses we made it to shore and went back in about 10 more times for me and probably 30 times for Avery.

So 3 theme parks later, jet boat ride, excellent magic show where the magician turned my offered up $20 into a $100 somehow in front of all our eyes (gave me back only $20), things have been awesome. Oh yea bicycle tour of downtown Chicago was also a riot, nothing like riding bikes in a big city. Saw lots of stuff and again stopped at the beach.

Will be home Saturday, so you got the whole update in one shot. Now I have to figure out how you can download photos to this site for you to see.

Cheers,
Avery and Tony

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb