Day 47 Friday June 14/13 Charleston, West Virginia 13550 kms


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Apparently the bikes needed a wheel alignment. They kept pulling to the south. So right turn Clyde.

We are going to make a real effort to head west. No, really we are this time. We are so far south that I am starting to have cravings for bourbon, what ever that is.

We are leaving Charlottesville Virginia this morning. Weather has settled down,(no cows flying past) but the skies are very dark. Lets see how far we can make it and stay dry.

After two hours of high speed freeways its time to settle in on a promising slower "Highway 60". This is a 2 lane route that stretches as far as Arizona. What a pleasant surprise. The road twists and turns with switchbacks and hairpin corners that make it hard to make time but are sure fun to ride. Helli finally had a chance to wear a little of the pink P.E.I. mud off the side of her tires. It was time to get excited about what was around every turn again. Deep river gorges, waterfalls bouncing off jagged cliffs and a friendly river we followed all the way into Charleston, West Virginia.

Another town, another
hotel and another chance to unload the bikes. This marks the 40th hotel, motel, b&b or RV. That makes about 160 trips between the two of us into and out of at all these places. Don't you think that at least once Peter Fonda should have had to do this in"Easy Rider"?

Charleston is the capitol of West Virginia. With the Kanawha river running through it and creating a downtown waterfront. There just happened to be a "Biker Bash" happening this weekend. So the entire waterfront street was lined with bikes. There was live music and food vendors and t-shirt shops set up. Made for a fun evening.

After spending a couple of hours walking the town, having a nice dinner it was time for an early night. We were tired and really needed a good nights WEST !


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement














Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb