North to Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
July 5th 2023
Published: July 5th 2023
Edit Blog Post

The rush is on to get everything together for our next big trip! In two days we meet up with our friends Teri and Dave for an epic adventure. One item on each of our bucket lists is to visit The Last Frontier. Specifically for me, I've wanted to drive the Alcan Highway. This year the four of us will be able to check this off the list. Going along for the ride will be our fur babies Charlie (ours) and Vinny (Teri and Dave's). They're both really good travelin' and campin' dogs, let's hope they're equally good when it comes to long days on the road. Our longest stretch will be about 390 miles; luckily (?) it's our second day on the road so we shouldn't already be burned out and dreading that much time in the truck. Our shortest leg will be four days later - 94 miles.

Some of the fun we have planned is visiting Denali and Wrangell-St. Elias National Parks, sitting in hotspprings (I just hope it's not 80 degrees out), golfing at night, fishing for halibut and salmon, and seeing many of the glaciers that make the Alaska coastline so breathtaking.

Be patient with the probable irregular intervals of my posts. I'm guessing wi-fi be non-existent in many of the RV campgrounds we have booked. As I learned on our 2015 cross-country trip, I will get everything ready at the end of each day and post when we have internet access. When I'm unable to make my daily post, feel free to relive our travels around the country.

So sit back and enjoy tagging along with us on our next great adventure.

Advertisement



6th July 2023

Trip up North
Hope you two have a great time as Alaska is a beautiful state. Lots of Scenery and Wildlife.
8th July 2023

No Pictures - Dint Happen!
Dint Happen - No Photos!

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb