Sequim, WA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Sequim
September 6th 2013
Published: September 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Woke up this morning to no thunder, no lightening, no rain, only thick F-O-G! Not the ideal situation for taking pictures, however this is our last full day in Sequim so we wanted to see more of the interesting places in the area. We headed back east on Hwy 101 to Sequim Bay and the S'klallam Band Headquarters. They have several interesting buildings surrounded by beautifully kept gardens and native art. Even with the fog I was able to capture several interesting pictures. From there we drove on the west side of the Bay up to the John Wayne Marina. Apparently John Wayne used to own the marina and it is now run by his family. Millions of dollars worth of yachts sitting in that harbor. At least the seas were calm and there was no wind, so the reflections in the water were very beautiful.

It is now almost 5 o'clock and the fog is just clearing and we are seeing the sun FINALLY!! Tomorrow we will move on west on Hwy 101 hoping to get to Westport, WA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Sequim, WA S'klallam Band Headquarters  (10)Sequim, WA S'klallam Band Headquarters  (10)
Sequim, WA S'klallam Band Headquarters (10)

Beautiful waterfall in the gardens.
 Sequim, WA John Wayne Marina 05 Sequim, WA John Wayne Marina 05
Sequim, WA John Wayne Marina 05

Tall masts reflected in the water.


7th September 2013

Wow!
We had the thunder and lightening as well, but not the FOG! Your pictures are wonderful and we will have to make a trip to Sequim some day! Thank you for adding to your blog once more. I love following you on your trips through your pictures. Have fun!!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb